Outrun pre-configures an update repository and runs daily updates in the background (via cron). It's important to ALWAYS run the update process to fix any open issues.
In some cases you might run into problems with updating - some troubleshooting tips can be found below.
- Method 1
- Using the menu: main -> System -> Update
- Method 2
- Command-line alias:
- Note that this alias calls 'outrun-rpms update' and only updates from the outrun repositories
- Method 3
- Direct YUM command:
# Update system yum update # Without asking for confirmation yum update -y # Note that this also tries to update from all other repositories
- Method 4
- Wait for the daily "outrun-update" cron job to do the update in the background.
Updating on restricted networks
Updating requires http access to the outrun.nl website. Some networks have restrictions:
- Proxy server required
- Refer to Configuring HTTP proxy
- Completely isolated network
- Requires you to set up a patch staging server. Documentation TBD.
# Running out of space: # Try removing old kernels package-cleanup --oldkernels --count=1 # Fixing broken updates yum-complete-transaction # Disabling daily updates outrun-jobs disable outrunupdate