Local YUM Repository
You can setup a site specific local YUM repository defined as "outrun-local". The packages in this repository will be installed during post-install when you install Outrun using the PXE install method.
Refer to the configuration file /etc/outrun/kickstart.conf for more information.
Make sure the packages you specify do not require dependencies that are not available during installation time, otherwise the post-install phase will fail.
Note that the outrun-local repo does NOT check for valid GPG security signatures - so anyone who has access to create RPM packages in this repo can influence the security of your installed system. This is usually not a problem because the creation of the local repository is restricted to the root user.
Tips & Tricks
You can create a custom RPM package using any name - you may want to choose something like outrun-example-local-<version>.rpm - where this package has contents such as:
- Sets a custom login message if you login via SSH
- RPM scripts
- Install scripts that setup special users, groups or other stuff
- A file that sets up a CIFS (Windows) share for the automounter
- A file that sets up an NFS share for the automounter
- Custom sudoers settings that you want to use
- Anything else you like to add